Installers of solid wall systems can now join the BBA’s Competent Person Scheme (CPS) to self-certify their solid wall insulation work. The BBA will issue a certificate to the installer’s client and advise the relevant Local Authority that the work has taken place.
Being part of the scheme means installers can:
- Save time through not having to notify Local Authorities prior to commencement or completion of their work, as the BBA will notify after completion
- Save money as they don’t have to pay a local council or an approved building inspector to check their work
- Win more business as they can charge their clients lower prices as there are no building control fees to pay; the householder obviously also benefits by paying less for the work
- Still use Local Authority Building Control and building inspectors if preferred, as registration under the Scheme is voluntary.
As part of the CPS, installers are assessed to ensure they meet the level of competence required before they’re registered. Once registered, there will be ongoing inspections of their work to make sure the required standards are met.
If you become a registered installer and you are also certified by the BBA under the Green Deal for either external wall insulation, internal wall insulation or hybrid wall insulation, then the assessment of competence and ongoing surveillance is already undertaken by the BBA and no additional inspection is required. The only additional fees are an annual registration fee to cover membership of the scheme and a small charge for each job self-certified by you and registered through us as Building Regulations compliant.
As a BBA-registered CPS installer, you will be required to abide by the rules of the scheme as required by Government and the BBA, including providing a guarantee acceptable to the BBA for all work carried out under the CPS.
If you would like to join the scheme, or would like more details, see ‘Find out more’ below.
Once registered for the CPS, installers will be sent a link by the BBA which gives them access to a login page to register their installations online.
If you are not already part of a BBA installer scheme, we operate programmes other than the CPS depending on what type of work you wish to access. You can participate in any of these schemes individually or together as an integrated, cost effective package. Full details are given under the other tabs on this website.
A list of approved installers may be accessed via our search tool at the bottom of this page.
We will require details of your guarantee provider and public liability details. We currently accept the following 4 Guarantee Providers:
- Kinnell ECO
- The Green Deal & Eco Company
The assessment process includes a visit to both your business premises, and a work-in-progress (onsite) visit to inspect a sample of the installations that your company carry out, ensuring that you are compliant with the relevant scheme requirements.
How much does all this cost?
Pre-approval: Your pre-approval fees are based on a full day office audit at £636 + VAT and an onsite inspection for each measure that you apply for, each at £636 + VAT.
Yearly Registration (Once Approved): A yearly registration fee is required for CPS, costing £391 + VAT. This will be invoiced pro-rata once you are approved.
Registering Installs: Each installation that you register will costs £2.85 + VAT.
Confused? Just give us a call to finalise your costings on 01923 665464.
Find out more
Choose one of our 3 easy ways to apply!
- Call our Construction Team Leader on 01923 665464
- Download our Approved Installer Contract and email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fill out our enquiry form on the Contact page.
Upon receipt of your application, our team will raise an invoice in respect of the measures you have chosen. Once payment has been received, your assessment dates will be booked as quickly as you’d like it.