Work with us
The BBA has established partnerships with leading innovators in the field of home installations, particularly those which seek to provide assurance to householders or increase their awareness of the options available to them in terms of home improvements or energy saving initiatives. These partnerships form part of the BBA’s strategy to encourage the safe development and adoption of innovative solutions in the built environment.
Want to join us?
We are constantly looking to increase the number of partnerships in which we are involved. In doing this we hope to expand the market in this area to the benefit of the built environment as a whole and those who create and live in it.
If you are as passionate about this as we are and believe we could help you as much as you could help us, why not become a partner to the BBA? If you are interested please contact us on 01923 665300.
Listed below are the main organisations with which we work.
Cavity Insulation Guarantee Agency (CIGA) www.ciga.co.uk
- An independent body which provides 25-year guarantees for CWI when fitted by one of their nationwide network of registered installers in accordance with Best Practice technical guidance. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Established in 1995 after consultation with the Government.
- Works in partnership with the BBA to provide quality assurance for Cavity Wall Insulation (CWI) installations carried out under CIGA guarantee scheme; partnership is a natural alliance which serves to further promote good practice within this industry sector and to raise the standard of products and installations.
- Aims to provide a level of reassurance to householders who currently have or are considering CWI, and as such its objectives are fully in tune with the BBA’s own mission to similarly provide reassurance in respect of construction products and systems.
- BBA and CIGA collaborate in the operation and administration of Cavity Wall Insulation Self Certification scheme (CWISC), which provides homeowners with the additional reassurance that CWI carried out by CIGA-registered contractors complies with the requirements of the Building Regulations.
- BBA ensures that the installations inspected have been carried out correctly and that they meet the requirements of the relevant BBA Agrément Certificate and regulatory provisions. It also assesses and approves the installers themselves.
Energy Saving Trust (EST) www.energysavingtrust.org.uk
- Founded in 1992.
- Works with the BBA to offer a new and comprehensive range of verification, testing, endorsement and consultancy services for companies striving to get their energy-efficient products an independent stamp of approval.
- Partnership brings together the best each organisation has to offer in terms of expertise and will ensure consumers are rewarded when investing in energy efficient products because the claims made by manufacturers will be independently assessed and verified.
- EST has developed an extensive database of information on energy using and energy related products, measuring their performance in the laboratory and in-situ and setting best practice performance standards in line with national, European and International regulations.
- EST’s product certification experience spans domestic appliances, consumer electronics, IT, lighting, heating, insulation and glazing.
- BBA provides Certification in the fields of building fabric insulation, microgeneration and other energy efficient products and systems which are so often subject to Government-backed schemes, stipulations and standards.